Work with us to solve wicked problems and ship great things.
Technical Product Owner
We are a closely-held web and mobile application development firm looking for a driven Product Owner. Are you experienced in product management, Lean and Agile development methods? Passionate about building products that customers love? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The Product Owner will product own and help ship of a range of web and native applications including:
- Progress Web Applications
- Business intelligence and collaboration systems
- iOS and Android business applications
- Large-scale website development based on innovative creative design, highly usable custom widgets and CMSes
Skills & Requirements
The position requires proven work experience in product management with a technical background and understanding of (perhaps even hands-on experience) software development and web technologies.
The Product Owner will work within multidisciplinary Scrum teams, so strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves will go a long way. The ability to research, reason and communicate recommendations to clients and executive management is crucial.
Specific requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree favored, preferably in Business, Computer Science and/or Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Agile-driven software development
- 5+ years in a professional work environment analyzing business problems, collaborating and leading teams preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are pretty darn important, too.
An affinity for caffeinated beverages and a strong meme stash won’t hurt your chances.
At Mercury you will:
- Translate product strategy into detailed user stories and prototypes
- Collaborate with interface designers and software architects to define product vision
- Create and prioritize product backlogs
- Apply exact standards to ensure that high quality applications and sites are delivered
- Represent the company with customers and guide company resources to meet their needs
What Kind of Products Will You Work On?
- Web, mobile and collaboration applications for the Southeast's fastest growing commercial real estate firms
- Progressive web application for one of the nation’s leading furniture retailers
- Ecommerce, operational management and transactional reporting system for a funded late-stage startup
- iOS, Android and PWA applications for Fortune 50 consumer products field workforce
- Data dashboards, drill down business intelligence reports and mobile reporting for global professional services firms
How to Know If You're A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
We are a Florida-based group of talented designers and developers devoid of heavy corporate structures, approval processes and tight boundaries. Noted by our clients as giving that little extra that truly sets us apart, we seek to build sustained, successful relationships, ship customized solutions and deliver strategic counsel and zealous service. mercuryworks.com
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we find all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa Bay-based professionals.
About H1B Visas and Recruiters
At this time we are not considering the sponsorship of H1B candidates. Also, no recruiters. Definitely; please no recruiters. None. No matter how good you think your candidate is.